Embracing Transition, Finding Balance
… In retirement, when we become unmoored from our normal structures and we don’t have to live according to rigorous schedules, mindful living can help reacquaint us with the joys that went unrecognized for so many decades.
–Zalman Schachter-Shalomi, From Age-ing to Sage-ing
Are you embracing a major life transition with delight? Or do you feel adrift at sea? Whether it is departing the world of full-time work, or another life-altering shift, new rhythms, spaces and questions will emerge. Join with others to pause and contemplate how your transition process is reflected in the multiple meanings of the Hebrew word shalom: hello, goodbye, peace and wholeness.
This highly participatory, six-session program will help you to:
- Explore your internal images of “retirement.”
- Understand the process of transition as a series of endings, unknowns and beginnings.
- Draw from the practices of “spiritual eldering” including gratitude and forgiveness.
- Consider ongoing shifts in identity and life balance.
- Identify the steps you can take to cultivate your next phase of life – and legacy – with purpose and meaning.
SAGE-ING® IS NOW ONLINE!
Shalom Retirement! will be taught by Audrey Seidman in a six-part program, offered on Zoom. Audrey Seidman is a Vatika/Sage-ing® Mentor, facilitating workshops and passing along practices and wisdom to support positive conscious aging. She is also a spiritual director, and an Outreach Chaplain for the Jewish Federation of NENY. Audrey retired in 2015 from careers in public relations and organization development.
Class Dates: July 15, 22; August 5, 19; September 2, 16
Class Time: 4:00 - 6:00 pm, eastern time
CLASS SIZE IS LIMITED.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com