July 8-14, 2019
Stony Point, New York
ON SITE LODGING:
Four lodges on campus provide the housing for retreat participants.
Most rooms offer two beds, some with two twin beds or a twin bed and a double bed (six rooms have only one double bed and are good for a single person or a couple).
Each spacious, air-conditioned room has a desk and a sink. Single-person bathrooms are located in the hallways, directly opposite the rooms, and are shared by other guests on the hall (there is one for every 2-3 rooms).
Ruach Ha’Aretz participants are able to choose single or double accommodations. Families of 3 may also be lodged together. Larger families will be housed in adjoining rooms.
Each lodge offers a shared lounge and an area with a microwave, sink and small refrigerator.
Wireless internet access is available in all of the lodge lounges (though it may not reach to private lodge rooms), and throughout the public spaces with the exception of the Meditation Space.
Fees include program tuition, meals, administrative costs, and lodging (unless choosing the commuter option).
$ 1620 – Adult Single Room*
$ 1440 – Adult Double (shared) Room, per person
$ 800 – Teen (13 -18), shared room w/Parent or other teen
$ 360 – Child (4 – 12), shared room w/Parent (or sibling if more than 3 family members register)
*Please note: the number of single rooms available will depend on registration numbers and will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
Commuter Fee (no lodging):
$1080 – Commuter (includes meals)
Early Check-In Option:
Arriving on Sunday, July 7th in the afternoon –
$150 for Sunday night lodging and Sunday dinner through Monday lunch
Take advantage of these discounts:
- Been to Ruach before? Take $50 off your registration fee.
- Refer a friend who is coming to Ruach for the first time – take $50 off your registration.
Consider assisting others:
Ruach Ha’Aretz is striving to make our retreat accessible to all who wish to experience our unique kind of intentional community. We know that rising costs make it challenging for younger participants, those living on fixed income, as well as families with more than one child. We also know that our village benefits and is enriched by a wide variety of participants. Please consider making a donation toward our goal.
Making your payments:
Your registration must be accompanied by a deposit of 50% of your total fees (or payment in full by March 30 to take advantage of additional savings).
Checks are to be made out to Shalom Center – Yerusha, with a note in the memo line indicating your payment is for Ruach Ha’Aretz, and mailed to:
6711 Lincoln Drive
Philadelphia, PA 19119
Alternately, you may make a payment through our secure PayPal account by clicking HERE.
Can’t come for the full week? You still have the option of attending for Shabbat only, Friday afternoon through Sunday morning. These fees include the fabulous Ruach Shabbat davvenen, Shabbat afternoon workshops, Saturday evening ritual and fun, lodging (as applicable), meals, and administrative costs. Both options depending on space availability.
$460 Adult – Shabbat w/ housing (double accommodations)
$340 Adult – Shabbat Commuter
OFF CAMPUS LODGING:
We strongly encourage Ruach Ha’Aretz participants to stay on campus, where community becomes more than the encounters during programs and meals. However, for those desiring an off-campus location, we have reserved a block of rooms at the DoubleTree Hotel in Nanuet. The group rate is $120/night/room, whether you are the only occupant or sharing with a roommate.https://parks.ny.gov/parks/116/details.aspx
Click here or visit the hotel’s website (www.nanuet.doubletree.com) to access online reservations.
- Enter your arrival and departure dates and number of adults in the room
- Click on the red text, “add special rate codes”, under that – then enter YER in the box labeled “Group Code”.
- Click “Check Rooms and Rates” to choose one of the reserved rooms in our block
- All rooms in the Ruach Ha’Aretz block are furnished with two queen beds, a microwave and refrigerator.
- NOTE: Commuters must provide their own transportation.
For personal assistance, call the hotel at (845)623-6000. Remember to use our group code: YER
A camping option is also available:
Beaver Pond offers campsites, some with a raised platform, for up to two tents and six persons per site; select sites can accommodate a trailer or RV up to 30 ft. long. Each site has a picnic table and fire ring with flip top grill, and there are shared full-service bathrooms centrally located. Located in Harriman State Park and adjacent to Lake Welch, the campground is just under 5 miles from Stony Point Center – a 10 minute drive.
You can reserve your campsite HERE
*Please be advised that there are no electrical hook ups for trailers at this campground.
Alcohol is not permitted at Beaver Pond Campgrounds.
No Pets Permitted.
- Make your plans to arrive by mid-day on Monday, July 8th. Registration begins at 2:00 pm, and the program will formally begin with dinner at 5:30 pm.
- For return flights, note that our program will end on Sunday, July 14th at 12 noon.
- It is recommended that participants traveling by air should fly into Newark Liberty International Airport, as Stony Point provides a subsidized shuttle to/from that airport. The travel time is about 1 hour.
- Alternately, you can choose any of the other New York metropolitan airports and arrange your own overland travel.
- For more travel options, see this information on the Stony Point website.
- For driving directions from the airport and other origination points, map your travel to:
17 Cricketown Road,
Stony Point, NY 10980
- Driving to Ruach Ha’Aretz?
We have set up a RIDE BOARD. Click on the link to access the form online where you can offer or seek a ride to/from Ruach Ha’Aretz. Please pay close attention to the two options – Ruach Ha’Aretz is immediately preceded by our ALEPH Ordinations Students intensive study week/’Smicha Week’. Some may be seeking or offering rides at different times this summer.
• ABOUT RUACH HA’ARETZ
• SUMMER 2019 LODGING/FEES/LOCATION
• CHILDREN’S PROGRAMS
• MITZVAH CORE
Join our facebook page!